If you’re looking for a running club in based in Christchurch the Sumner Running club might just be for you. The club is primarily made up of members who are into Road Running, Cross Country, and Athletics as well as off road running, multisport, orienteering and all sorts of adventures. The Sumner Running Club is Christchurch’s only adventure focused Running Club.
Being a registered club, you get to compete in the excellent winter programme of cross country and road races. Races are up to 12km against the best competition in New Zealand. Guaranteed to improve your running when you head back to those multisport and endurance events.
With a proud and rich history, Sumner is a competitively social club with a superb junior section if you have children. Annual registrations start in April each year. Annual fees are approx $140, less for juniors, which covers all race fees for the Athletics Canterbury winter Programme. Great value for money when considering the number of races, club networking and opportunity to learn or share knowledge with a great bunch of people.
Members live all around Christchurch and further afield.
Joining our Club and becoming an Athletics New Zealand registered runner
Your registration fee includes:
- Fees to Athletics Canterbury and Athletics New Zealand
- Race fees for all Canterbury Cross Country winter season races
- Access to club facilities and support on race days
- Participation in the club race series – three races over the course of the season
- Registration for summer track and field events (adults only)
- Twice weekly coaching sessions (mainly for juniors but older people welcomed)
- Participation in the club’s numerous social events
If an adult does not want to race in the race programme but would like to be part of the club, they can join as a social runner. Cost of enrolment is $45.00.
The club colours are navy blue with a sky blue trim, and the club uniform must be worn by athletes competing on Saturday. The singlet can be purchased from the club at a cost of $35.00. The singlet or T-Shirt is compulsory for registered athletes. Club tracksuits and beanies are also available for purchase.
Club Registration Page – click here