Event and selection information
The World Mountain and Trail Running Championships are being held in Innsbruck-Stubia in Austria 07-10 June 2023. There are two qualifying races coming up in March
NZ Mountain Running Champs – 18 March – Mt Maunganui – event details and entry information can be found here
NZ Short Course Trail Running Champs – 26 March – Dunedin – event details and entry information can be found here
If you would like to be considered for Selection to race in Austria, information can be found here. Please note that you need to submit your application by 5.00pm on 24 February 2023.
Jan, Feb, March, April 2023
The draft Canterbury Athletics Calendar for 2023 is now available. Below are a few race dates in the early part of this year that that maybe of interest
- Hagley 5KM Series – January 17th, 24th, 31st, February 7th and 14th
- ITM 5K Road Race – 19 February
- Night of PB’s at NPW hosted by DGRS – 10 March
- Canterbury 10,000m Champs – 25 March
- NZ Trail Running Championships – 18 March in Mt Maunganui – selection information can be found here; event information can be found here
- Lakes Reserve Race – 02 April
- CHCH Marathon and Canterbury Marathon Champs – 16 April – event website is here
We will let you know if there are any adjustments. For those events currently without links for information / entries, we will send further updates closer to race / when entries open.
January 17th, 24th, 31st, February 7th and 14th
Happy New Year! 2023 kicks off with the 5km Series at Hagley Park. If you are keen to run some or all of the series, check out the website here for information and to enter.